If you do not require the collection after the page is rendered, you could put it into
request scope. This is what I do to populate listboxes, tables, etc..

That way they don't hang around any longer than they need to - they get used to render
tha page, then get discarded. If you are using a DAO layer with caching (like iBATIS),
the performance is great.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/18/03 7:49 AM >>>

I didnīt find a workaround for this problem yet! What is the recommended way of
passing an object (not necessarily a bean, in my case a collection) from an action
class to a jsp? Is this a configuration or an programming issue?