I have a Tiles Controller adding an attribute to the ComponentContext.  This piece
works fine and I can see the new attribute in the Controller class.  The attribute is
called "message", which is a string.

context.putAttribute("message", "this is the message!");

The problem is the JSP that uses the tiles.  This is the entire page that is included
as the tile with the above Controller as a preprocessor:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

This doesn't work!  The error I get is

 [ServletException in:/WEB-INF/web/tiles/TileMessage.jsp] Error - tag.getAsString :
attribute 'message' not found in context. Check tag syntax'

Any ideas why this wouldn't work?  I am new to tiles and just learning my way around,
but this seems like the easiest piece of the piece.  the definitions work, the
controlling class works, but not the jsp!

thanks in advance...

Mark Gregory Turansky
Web Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]