Hi,

I'm using Struts with Tomcat 4.1. If you disable cookies in your tomcat context, all your ULR will be rewritten with a jsessionid. So the proxy issue should be solve. However I don't know If there is a way to enable cookies AND be sure that the proxy's cache is disable.

In my project I use this in all jsp I won't be in any cache :

<%
        response.setHeader("pragma", "no-cache");
        response.setHeader("Cache-control", "no-cache, no-store");
        response.setHeader("Expires", "0");
%>

<head>
</head>

It seems to work for me but I'm sure there are more élégant solutions. Using Struts, you see on the <bean:header> tag. I still haven't found time to explore it. Let me know if it's work for you.

Carl

Christine Gerstenmayer wrote:
Hi all !

My application is running behind a proxy which caches everything, if the url
is the same.

It's no use that I have this in each Jsp:

Therefore I used the Struts-property

<controller nocache="true"/>

But it was not that I expected:

My Login-Site has this URL:

http://localhost:8080/lager/Welcome.do;jsessionid=0146C3084A50F84EDEE81FE78E
E56DAE?action=toLogin - is ok.

But when I make login, the next URL has no jsessionid:and therefore it is
always the same:

http://localhost:8080/lager/Login.do?action=makeLogin

Is it possible to avoid proxy-caching with Struts by changing each URL with
appendig a random-number or such a thing ?

Please give me a tip.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Christine