Hi,

I've recently switch to a resource.properties file to externalize all text from jsp (in the perspective of translation of the site)

The site is a classic e-commerce web site, so I dsiplay a Cart and the amount of the products in the custumer's cart.

In my old jsp I wrote :
<fmt:formatNumber value="${total}" type="CURRENCY"/>
in order to format the price in a sentence like "Total amount $ 150."

Now I'm writting
cart.amount=Total amount {0}.
in the resource.properties.

And in the JSP :
<bean-el:message key="cart.amount" arg0="${user.amount}"/>

finally I loose the price formatting porvided by the <fmt:formatNumber > tag.

Is there a way to use a MessageFormat and have the parameters formatted like <fmt:formatNumber > do ?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Carl