> From: Frank Maritato [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I think the real problem is that it is trying to call
> setPasswordDisabled on
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping instead of my
> LoginAction class.

I remember being confused about this, too.  When struts-config.xml gets
run through the Digester, an <action> tag causes the creation of an
ActionMapping object.  So any properties you specify in <action> are
part of an ActionMapping object.

An ActionMapping has a 'type' property that is the class name of the
Action that will be created.  (Type actually comes from ActionConfig.)
Later, some other part of Struts will call getType() on the
ActionMapping object and will instantiate your Action class.

How do you create your own ActionMappings?  I know I read it
somewhere... It's covered in chapter 7 of "Struts in Action" but I can't
find more than this in the Struts docs:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html

I generally just use <context-param> (in web.xml) and
context.getInitParameter().

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.