Hi,

For x and y reasons I've to create my own version of the <c:out> tag.

Everything is working great for everything BUT DynaValidatorForm where I get Unable to
find a value for "value" in object of class
"org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm" using operator "."

I'm using the evaluate method part of
org.apache.taglibs.standard.lang.support.ExpressionEvaluatorManager to obtain the EL
values.

I tried the jars part of the Jakarta TagLib, and the ones provided within the Struts
EL. Both with the same result.

I bet it's a stupid thing I overlooked.

Now here is the funny part: the <c:out> tag, which is supposedly using the same code,
doesn't seem to have the same issue...

Here is the exception stack:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: An error occurred while evaluating custom action
attribute "value" with value "${manageForm.value}": Unable to find a value for "value"
in object of class "org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm" using operator "."
(null)

            at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.lang.jstl.Evaluator.evaluate(Evaluator.java:146)

            at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.lang.jstl.Evaluator.evaluate(Evaluator.java:166)

            at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.lang.support.ExpressionEvaluatorManager.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorManager.java:112)

This is the call crashing:

value = ExpressionEvaluatorManager.evaluate("value", value_, Object.class, this,
pageContext);

Thanks the help,

Yann