Once you use EL, you don't have much of a choice than to use them side-by-side.

Nick Faiz wrote:

Hi,
        I'm nearing the end of a prototype for my first Struts application.
        At first, I used JSTL to handle most of my iteration, declarations,
and conditional operations. Then, as I learnt more about the Struts taglibs,
I decided to simply use the Struts libraries, for the sake of consistency
with the framework.
        Does anyone regularly combine JSTL and Struts taglib usage? I'm
curious as to whether or not it's an effective approach; I think it could
perhaps lead to confusion when developers first begin working on an
application using both libraries.

Regards,
Nick Faiz
B2B e-Commerce Developer
Corporate Express Australia Ltd.

Phone: +61-2-9335-0495, Fax: 9335-0753, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.