"Robert H. Tran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I think an action's mapping is a decision by the action itself. Like I
said
> earlier, when an application development finishes, that decision will
become
> static. At that point, when an Action's mapping changes, its code will
have
> to change too (unless the new mapping is kind of a synonym to the old
> mapping, which doesn't bear any shift in the semantics). As such, there is
> almost no point in keeping the decision and the code separate (i.e. making
> the decision's configuration a loose end of the code). Or at least,
> configuration shouldn't be the only way to add or modify an Action.

I disagree with this almost completely. If actions are written properly, you
should be able to reconfigure the application, to some extent at least, by
changing the config alone and not touching the Java code. This is immensely
useful when an app needs to be customised after the fact, and when the
source code is not available (e.g. by a customer, in their own environment).

--
Martin Cooper