From: Jesse Alexander (KADA 11)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 3:46 AM
To: Mailing List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: tags for Map creation for the html:link tag

I have created two tga-prototypes that permit to construct a Map-object
that can be used to pass multiple link-parameters to the html:link tag.
Instead of having to use scriptlets to build the Map like:
. . .
<%
  java.util.HashMap linkParmMap = new java.util.HashMap();
    linkParmMap.put("someName1", someValue1);
  pageContext.setAttribute("linkParmMap", linkParmMap);
%>
. . .
<logic:iterate name="records" id="recordId">
  <%
    linkParmMap.put("someName2", recordsId);
  %>
</logic:iterate>
. . .
I use this:
. . .
<fjsstruts:linkMap id="myLinkMap">
  <fjsstruts:linkMapEntry name="myLinkMap" entryKey="someName">
    <bean:write name="someValue" />
  </fjsstruts:linkMapEntry>

  <logic:iterate name="records" id="recordId">
    <fjsstruts:linkMapEntry name="myLinkMap" entryKey="someName2">
      <bean:write name="recordId" />
    </fjsstruts:linkMapEntry>
      <bean:write name="recordId" />
  </logic:iterate>
</fjsstruts:linkMap>
. . .
If there is interest I will finylize those tags and make them
available.
I think I would slightly remodel them to make them similar to the
JSTL tags...

regards
Alexander