The catch with this is that you have to take account of things like <pre>
tags and JavaScript string literals. A naive whitespace collapsing filter is
likely to be a buggy one. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

"Wendy Smoak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Derek Clarkson wrote:
> Is there anyway to automatically remove white space blank
> lines and tabs, but
> still leave normal lines in place so i can read the html if
> necessary. I.e.
> remove any occurances of the following:
> 1. Empty lines including those just filled with tabs.
> 2. All other tabs.
> 3. Trailing white space.

Sounds like a job for a Filter!  You'd modify the HTML after it leaves
the Struts webapp, before it leaves the container on its way to the
browser.  I suspect someone has written this already...

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.