Toby,
Yes, you can have Struts populate a DynaActionForm
with a complex datatype. You need to use indexed
properties and put the form in Session scope.

Check out these articles by James Turner:
http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/2214681
http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/2233591

-Richard