It is wonderful to know that there are some ActionForm
methods that holds true in the
scaffold.ProcessAction's execute() method.  It gives
the hope that my problem could be resolved.

Via a submit button in my JSP, I try to pass two
variables; username and keyName, to my Java class
(FindEditorData.java) with the
type="org.apache.struts.scaffold.ProcessAction", and
this Java class has this method:

   public Object execute() throws Exception { ... }

1. if I use the hidden field technique (see below)
inside the JSP <html:form ....> tag:
<% String username = request.getRemoteUser();%>
             value="<%=username%>"/>
             value="journal_category"/>

How do I retrieve the value of username and keyName in
the Java class?  Probably due to my lack of knowledge
of the ActionForm, I got compilation error "cannot
resolve symbol: request" or "cannot resolve symbol:
session" because FindEditorData.java does not extend
HttpServlet and FindEditorData.java does not extend
Action.

2. if I want to get 'username' in the Java class
instead of passing the 'username' as a hidden field
from a submit button in my JSP, how do I do it?

String username = request.getRemoteUser(); gives me a
compilation error "cannot resolve symbol: request".

The action mapping in my struts-config.xml looks like:
    <action
        roles="editor"
        path="/find/Category"

type="org.apache.struts.scaffold.ProcessAction"

parameter="org.apache.artimus.article.FindEditorData"
        name="articleForm"
        scope="request"
        validate="false">
       <forward