From: Anderson, James H [IT] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 9:52 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: question on DynaActionForm

I'm trying to modify the simple Register application from Chapter 1 of
"Struts in Action" to use a DynaActionForm in place on the ActionForm shown
in the book. I've modified struts-config.xml accordingly. According to the
book, whether you use an ActionForm or a DynaActionForm should be
transparent. However, when I attempt to run the modified app I get a
ClassCastException at the following line in RegisterAction.java:

        RegisterForm rf = (RegisterForm) form;

I'm sure it's something dumb, but I'm not seeing it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

jim