Hi, I tried and tried.  I cannot figure out the error.
 I need your sharp eyes and experience.  I keep
getting this error message in the browser:

ServletException in:/article/content/postForm.jsp]
/article/content/postForm.jsp(32,67) equal symbol
expected'

This postForm.jsp had worked find before I inserted:

<bean:define id="author" name="cr" scope="session"
type="java.lang.String"/>
name="author"/>" size="82" maxlength="25"
tabindex="1"/>

And the error message points at the <bean:define ...>
tag.  The statements are in ONE line (they do not
wrapped around) in my file.

"cr" is passed to the postForm.jsp in a session object
this way:

<c:set var="cr" value="${articleForm.creator}"
scope="session"/>

Thanks a lot.

-C