From: Lobello Jeffrey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 12:57 PM
To: Shishir K. Singh; Pitchko, John SCAN--; Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Html:input help

Generally, CSS (such as text-transform) will alter the visual
display/rendering of HTML, but will not mess with the actual internal
(to the browser) representation.  Thus, I would consider it 'correct'
that
'text-transform: uppercase', when applied to an HTML input field with
lowercase text in it, is not causing the submitted text to be converted
to uppercase.

For a more definitive answer, I would suggest rereading the CSS specs at
http://www.w3c.org/.