Thank you for your response.

According to my understanding of your advice, if I
want to pass a hidden field from JSP to a form bean, I
must have name="myFormName" in the JSP's <html:hidden
.... > tag?  Please confirm.

Another additional property that is to be assigned a
value in my form bean is "now" with Timestamp type.
Do I code this way in my form bean class?  Please
confirm:

pubic Timestamp getNow() {
   return DateUtil.getCurrentGMTTimestamp():
}

-Caroline