Holiday Greetings to All!

Quick design question - Is it possible to synchronize an application-scoped
object between two servlets within the same web application?  I have a
servlet that I have written that maintains a List object that is stored in
application scope.  This servlet basically creates a new List, then replaces
the existing one (uses the same name for the object).  My second servlet
(Struts) simply accesses this List in a read-only fashion - no updates.  I
can write a basic spin-lock type of mechanism to ensure that my Actions do
not try to access this List while my first servlet is replacing the object,
but I'm wondering if there is an easier approach, possibly using a
synchronized block using the application object....

Comments?

TIA!

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]