From: Matt Raible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 10:14 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'; 'Parag Pattewar'
Subject: RE: Struts-Menu (Support URL Re-writing)

Struts Menu makes use of Struts classes to support "forward" and
"action" attributes.  If you use those, you'll likely get the re-writing
you're looking for.  I did this on a previous project and did find that
the "forward" attribute worked, but not the "action" attribute.  I
believe this is a bug in Struts since it should do rewriting when
looking up an Action's path.

The one issue with re-writing is that if you're using a menu that
matches URLs (i.e. tabbed-menu) - they probably won't get matched up.
At a previous project, we were using URLs to highlight the current page
we were on and we found that we had to use the "action" attribute or the
"page" attribute so that the jsessionid wasn't appended.  Of course, we
could've stripped this off in our Velocity template, but we wen't with
the quick, less-logic, way.

To see this project, go to http://telluride.resortquest.com and drill
down a bit.  The menu with highlight is on the right.  BTW, this site
uses the Velocity displayer for both the top menu and the side menu.

If you're not familiar with struts-menu, checkout the demo at
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu.

Matt

---