Hi Sudhakar,

Your JSP should populate the form fields in the same way for both add and
modify actions.  Specifically, your action class should initialize the form
for the jsp.  When the page is rendered, it will be populated the way that
you want.

Nick

|         |           "Sudhakar G"     |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ree.com>         |
|         |           01/20/2004 06:55 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                             |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Add/Modify functionality in same jsp

Hi All,
        I want to implement add/modify functionality in same jsp using
struts
tag.I am having a hidden variable which says the current action is add or
modify.
Can any one tell how the jsp will implement the modify functionality?.My
idea
is put if..else conditions for each form field and populate data in case of
modify using the struts tag and don't populate data for add
functionality..If
some one can provide me a sample jsp thru that I will have the
understanding
before implementing the functionality.

Thanks & Regards
Sudhakar

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and
defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be
responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this
message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of
this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any
improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.