> From: Manuel Lenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I have to parameters which have the same name.
> One is a String which is sent with the request and the other
> parameter is an abstractObject which is populated in the formBean.
> Struts tried to set the string value from request into the
> abstractObject and failed

You can't have two properties (and by extension two 'set' methods) with
the same name.  Form beans must conform to the JavaBeans specification,
or else things fall apart very quickly.  As you can see, the framework
has no way of knowing which method it ought to use.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.