In your action have you remembered to put this object into the scope (ie:
request scope) before you forward to the view?

request.setAttribute("accountsList",accountsList);

-----Original Message-----
From: shankarr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2004 15:44
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: resultset data not obtained

Hi!

I am making my db queries in a helper class(AccountService) and sending the
storing the data in an arraylist. I send the arraylist back to the action
file.

Snippet from helper file

ArrayList accountsList = new ArrayList();
   while( rs.next() )
         {
                          acc = new AccountDO();
                                 acc.setAccountname(rs.getString(1));
                                 acc.setAccountowner(rs.getString(2));
                           accountsList.add(acc);
         }

Snippet from the action file

ArrayList accountsList = null;

         try
         {
             ServletContext servletContext = servlet.getServletContext();
             DataSource dataSource =
(DataSource)servletContext.getAttribute(Action.DATA_SOURCE_KEY);
             Connection conn = dataSource.getConnection();
             AccountService account = new AccountService(conn, stmt,
session, dataBaseName);
             accountsList = account.retreiveAccount();
         }

But , when I try to retrieve the data in my jsp, I always get the

"Cannot find bean accountsList in any scope" exception.

This is what I have in my jsp code

<logic:iterate id="acc" name="accountsList">
<bean:write name="acc" property="accountname" />
<bean:write name="acc" property="accountowner" />
</logic:iterate>

Any help appreciated.

TIA
Richie

"To achieve all that is possible, one must attempt the impossible"