Von: Geeta Ramani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004 14:29
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: Tomcat 3.3.1 and Struts 1.1

Daniel:

A fwe months ago I wanted to move to Struts 1.1 and found that unless you
upgraded
tomcat to 4 or above, at least one fundamental thing would not work.  I
forget the
details of my exact problem, but my situation was the same as yours: I
wanted to make
struts 1.1 work on Tomcat 3.3.1.   I remember searching for a solution and I
found that
heavyweights like Ted and Craig had thrown their hands in the air and stated
that the
solution was to upgrade tomcat.  Sorry i don't remember the deatils, else I
could point
you to Ted's note about this.. But i do remember clearly that struts 1.1 and
tomcat 3.*
don't work well together..

Hope this helps,
Geeta

Daniel Richter wrote:

> Hi, I have a Problwm with using Struts 1.1 within Tomcat 3.3.1
> On my local computer I use Tomcat 4.1.28 and my application works well,
but
> on my providers server I get the following stacktrace:
>
> Während der Abarbeitung Ihrer Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.
>   javax.servlet.ServletException: Error - tag.getAsString : component
> context is not defined. Check tag syntax
>         at

> l.java:460)
>         at base_1._jspService(base_1.java:614)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:91
> 7)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp12Interceptor.processConnection(Ajp12Int