At 1:00 PM +0100 1/29/04, Rouven Gehm wrote:
Just want to know if its possible to run Tomcat/Resin + Java + StrutsApplication
from a CD ?
If yes, what have i to do ? (Precompile the JSPs i think, but what more ?)

You'd have to make sure to configure Tomcat to not want to write sessions to its work directory, or figure out how to set Tomcat's work directory to a writeable directory.

Tomcat seems to use the filesystem less than, say, Weblogic or JBoss, but I only use it for local development, not for deployment, so I'm not expert.

If you just made your Tomcat directories read-only you could probably do a pretty effective test without burning a bunch of CDs.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin