Quick try - what about something like this:

  @import url(<c:url value="/css/main.ss">);

Otherwise, how 'bout using regular JSP syntax for bar.jsp ;-)? Or, if you're
using JSP 2.0, it's pretty easy to do. If none of those work/apply, here's
something goofy for your entertainment:

<jsp:root xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core";
          xmlns:x="http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml";
          xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page";
          version="1.2">
    <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/plain"/>

    <c:set var="xslt">
        <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
            <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
            <xsl:param name="href"/>
            <!-- identity xform -->
            <xsl:template match="node()|@*">
                <xsl:copy>
                </xsl:copy>
            </xsl:template>
            <!-- replace the href attr -->
            <xsl:template match="@href">
                <xsl:attribute name="href">
                  <xsl:value-of select="$href"/>
                </xsl:attribute>
            </xsl:template>
        </xsl:stylesheet>
    </c:set>

    <x:transform xslt="${xslt}">
        <x:param name="href"><c:url value="/css/main.css"/></x:param>
        <link href="" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
    </x:transform>

</jsp:root>

Obviously, it makes more sense for the stylesheet to be an independent/external
file...

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>