Hi Tom

I use a quite similar approach, beside that I don`t use DynaActionForms,
cause I read about some drawbacks (e.g. performence). Never the less what I did
is I added a validation table (id/regexp).
In my config-table I connect every form item to a regular expression. I then
use IBatis to build a HashMap (table item – regular expression) now I can
use the ActionErrors validate() methode in my
Form class to check if their are any errors. Advantage: Form class acts as a
kind of DMZ. But as you use DynaActionForms you should check your Forms in
your Action class, using the same approach.

Hope that helps you a bit ...
Oliver