Using ComboSelectTag you have to do as follows:

1) In the action, get the collection of objects (from database, or
whatever) and set it in the request:
For example, has the following collection of objects with these
properties:
idProp1
descripProp1
idProp2
descripProp2

(See http://providers.sourceforge.net/ for more details)

2) in the JSP write the following code:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/providers.tld" prefix="prv" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<h1>ComboSelect Example</h1>
        <prv:comboselect name="elements"
metadata="idProp1,descripProp1,idProp2,descripProp2">
                <prv:select property="prop1" doMatches="true"/>
                <prv:select property="prop2" doMatches="true"/>
        </prv:comboselect>

3) HTML generated has the javascript generated, the select populated and
struts select values setted if any (for prop1 and prop2 form
properties).

Saludos.
Guillermo