Hi,

I have three radio buttons in a form,

---
o Today
o Tomorrow
o From this date: [ ____ ]
---

I am currently using requiredIf and date validation on the date textarea .  The date
entry is only required if the correct radio button is selected and the date validation
makes sure this is in the right format.

This works fine, until the user enters an invalid date that doesn't pass date
validation and *then* select's one of the other radio buttons, and submits.  The
requiredIf passes fine (not required), but the date validation is still perfomed and
returns the page to the user.

Is it possible to perform date validation only if requiredif decides the fields are
required?  That is, don't test things that aren't required, without:
  * extra javascript in the page
  * without using custom validation java-code (the rest of the form's validation works
great)

I have looked at validWhen (and am not aversed to going to the nightly-build), but
can't see the solution there either.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ivan