I guess its possible that the layout isn't getting reloaded with the tiles request.

an iframe or an image will do as a quick hack.

<iframe width="0" height="0" src="foo.html" />

On 2 Mar 2004, at 23:51, Alan Weissman wrote:

Thanks Richard for your input. Can you let me know where you see people
using it? I have an onLoad="alert('body onload')" on my BODY tag which
resides in my layout and it is not being called.

I also found this, which leads me to believe that I am not alone in this
problem. I am however, not able to find where to download the tag
library the page refers to.

http://retep.org/retep/wiki/retep/taglib/common/onload/index.html

Thanks again,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Yee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:45 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: BODY onLoad Workaround

Alan,
I don't see any problem with using the BODY onLoad
event handler. I also searched on Google and found
several instances where others are using it without
any problems. What does your code look like? What
happens when you do a view/source in the browser? Have
you tried using Netscape and looking at the JavaScript
console?

-Richard

--- Alan Weissman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey everyone -

            So I have a Struts/Tiles page that I
need to have a
Javascript function called on when the page loads.
Normally this is of
course accomplished with the BODY onLoad event
however this event isn't
fired when my page loads and from doing extensive
Googling I've found
that this has something to do with the nature of
Struts/Tiles pages
(though I'm not sure what).  What is the best
workaround for this?

Thanks so much,

Alan