Okay ..

You said the results are in the application scope already. so you want to scoll through those.

so in you servlet theres something like

List peopleList = goAndGetShitLoadsOfRecordsFromDB();
context.setAttribute("people", peopleList.toArray());
..

<c:forEach var="person" items="${people}" begin="${param.index}" end="${param.index + 20">
<c:out value="${person.name}" />
</c:forEach>