> From: Joe Hertz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> What would be the problem with biting the bullet and
> implementing validate()
> in your ActionForm and calling super.validate(mapping,
> request) if it was
> appropriate to hit the xml file for the validation rules?

I already do that, to step around validation unless the form is POSTed.

The problem is that, as I have it now, there is only one set of
validation rules for the form.  So the page with only radio buttons
complains about the "missing" fund/function/cost center fields, and vice
versa.  In a perfect world, it would somehow "know" what fields were on
the form and only check those. :)

However, I think I've got it down to using both DynaValidatorActionForm
*and* the new MappingDispatchAction.  That will mean I can have totally
different URLs for each "tab" and still have all the methods in one
place.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.