I haven't seen the code but if what i understand of what Niall has been saying you'd use them instead of DynaActionForm.

<form-bean name="fooForm" type="com.ilovesparrows.struts.NiallsForm" />

of course you'll need to call the package and class name to something appropriate.

On 9 Mar 2004, at 09:47, shanmugampl wrote:

Hi,

I saw your code. I have one doubt. How do you plugin your own DynaBean implementation into the struts framework.

Shanmugam PL

Niall Pemberton wrote:

I wrote these....

http://www.niallp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Niall

----- Original Message ----- From: "shanmugampl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 7:00 AM
Subject: Populating form Elements from another object.

Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to populate the values of a form from another object, and then again transform the contents of the form back to the object once the form is submitted. i.e Say, when i click a button, i do some functionalities and have a Properties object as an output. The keys in the Properties object are not static. These values need to be shown in a form. As the keys retrieved for the current operation is not known, i cant define the values in the struts-config.xml for the dynaactionclass.

Is it possible to extend the dynaactionclass, and during its init or something, iterate the properties object and populate the form. Are there any other way of doing it.

Thanks
Shanmugam PL