Thanks Niall.  That's it.   Puttingthe 'attrbute' in <html:select> solve my
problem.   Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Niall Pemberton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 10:54 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Someone out there must have done this with Struts 1.0

The <html:optionsCollection> tag was introduced in Struts 1.1 so thats why
it doesn't work - which means you are correct to use the <html:options> tag.

The only comment I have, the difference between your debug stuff and the
"collection" attribute then the "name" attribute is not used - its not an
issue, but you just don't need it.

Try

 <bean:define id="eList" name="ShopWorkOrderFormBean"
property="engineerList"/>  <html:select name="ShopWorkOrderFormBean"
              property="shopWorkOrder.engineerId" >
labelProperty="commonName"/>  </html:select>

Niall