thanks in advance for any help...

i have a form where i let the user choose how many text input fields they want and then via javascript, the inputs are displayed.

ex: user has a <select> box to make a choice of 1-10. after selection is made, the onChange event will fire and write however many text inputs on the screen using the innerHTML property.

my problem is that since javascript changes the screen at runtime, i can't use <html:input> to capture the text from the form because it isn't being interpreted by struts. if the javascript uses the standard <input type="text"> tags, it seems like my actionform doesn't get populated with the data.

so, anyway to do this without having to submit the form after the user selects how many inputs they want?