String.split() may be able to do that if you are a regex stud (or know
one...or are good with google)..

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/15/04 2:20 PM >>>
I did a google search on this and didn't really come up with anything
useful.
Before I implement this myself, is there an existing implementation of
parsing
a search string which would produce tokens similar to how Google or
other search
engines parse search strings.

For example, I would like to parse a search string into tokens where
tokens are
delimited by either a blank space or a quoted phrase.

So the string:

'Struts "web presentation tier"'

would return  2 tokens:
 - Struts