From: Mark Lowe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quinta-feira, 18 de março de 2004 10:06
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Way tho highlight error form field

You could modify the client-side validation stuff to do this rather
than just alerting.

An easy way of layering this on is to define a compulsory array of
fields and then loop through the form on validation. changing the
borderColor style attribute when you have a match between the element
name and your array.

compulsary = ["name","email"];

function validate(form) {
        for(i = 0;i < compulsary.length;i++) {
                field = compulsary[i];
                value = form.elements[field].value;
                if(value == "") {
                        form.elements[field].style.borderColor = "#ff0000";
                }
        }
}

Then you can think about having your compulsary array populated in the
same way as the struts validator client-side stuff. In fact you could
use the array then it defines.