From: "Geeta Ramani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: how to implement such an action?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:20:50 -0500

Alex:

ok, let me state the problem as i understand it:

ActionA --> page1.jsp -->ActionB

if (success in ActionB) forward to success.jsp
else forward to ActionA.

Your question is how to get the "if failure" part working.

If my understanding of your problem is wrong, please write back and tell
us where
I'm wrong.
However, if this *is* the problem, here's how you can implement a solution
using><html:hidden property="theAction" value="ActionA" />
hidden vars:

In page1.jsp, use a hidden var:

In ActionB.execute, if failure do the following:

String theAction = formBean.getTheAction();
ActionForward failureForward = new ActionForward();
failureForward.setName("failure);
failureForward.setPath(theAction);
log.debug("Redirecting to " + failureForward.getName() +": " +
failureForward.getPath());
return failureForward;

Hth,
Geeta