send the whole rendered code with the \n's ..

On 22 Mar 2004, at 21:37, Just Fun 4 You wrote:

I am pretty sure that this is a javascript issue. I am just wondering why it
all works when I remove the \n character. What does it make the difference
to javascript? Maybe others can jump in here. Again:

having a string like "\nsomeText\nAnotherText\n" put in a ActionMessage
object causes a javascript error (unterminated string constant).
If I remove the \n character it works. When I code
alert(\nsomeText\nAnotherText\n) directly into a html page, it also works. I
am not sure what really goes on here. I cannot see any difference...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mark Lowe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 22. März 2004 21:09
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: multiple lines in an ActionMessage object displayed via
javascript alert

Weird ..

I thought it might be the accented characters but safari, msie mac and
firefox all work. And mise 6 on windoze.

If the message gets to your page then its a javascript issue, but i
certainly cant recreate it.

I assume that <logic:messagesPresent> </logic:messagesPresent> doesn't
appear in your rendered html..