From: Saul Q Yuan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 6:28 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Using struts-config to configure properties in action form

<set-property> is not a sub-tag of <form-bean>, <form-property> is though. If you're not using dynamic form bean, you don't need to define the properties in the <form-bean> tag.

HTH,

Saul

----- Original Message ----- From: Chan, Jim To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 8:27 PM

I am trying to configure properties in my ActionForm using the struts-config file as follows.

<form-bean name="myForm" type="com.myCompany.MyForm"> <set-property property="foo" value="bar" />
</form-bean>

public Class MyForm extends ActionForm
{
private String foo;

 public void setFoo(String foo)
 {
 this.foo = foo;
 }

 public String getFoo()
 {
 return foo;
 }
 }

 However, I am getting an error as follows.  Anyone know if I am missing
any
 steps?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

 java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Bean has no property named foo
 at

org.apache.commons.digester.SetPropertyRule.begin(SetPropertyRule.java:192)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
 at
 org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
 Source)
 at
 org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
 Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(Unknown
 Source)
 at
 org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
 Source)
 at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
 her.dispatch(Unknown Source)
 at
 Source)
 Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
 at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.parseModuleConfigFile(ActionServlet.j
 ava:1006)
 at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:9
 55)
 at
 org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:470)
 at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
 at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:93
 5)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:823)
 at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
 3422)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3623)
 at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:8
 21)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
 at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.j
 ava:307)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:788)
 at

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:559
 )
 at
 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:358)
 at

org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
 t.java:166)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
 at

 )
 at

 .java:25)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)