From: Claudio Sanchez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 March 2004 00:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OT] Design Question

Hi all,

This is off-topic, but i hope that somebody helps me.

I have an application that use struts, spring and hibernate.
The security is based on roles using CMS (JdbcRealm over Tomcat 4.1.29)

The goal of this application is to manage contracts. Authorized users
creates contracts with supplier's data, start date, end date, etc.
Then the application send alarm e-mails to users, for example when a
contrat
expire, etc.
For now everithing works fine. But I have a requirements to people the
other
countrys use the application. Obviously people of a country can't manage
or
view the information the other countrys (contracts, users, departments,
currencies, etc).

The easiest implementation is to have an instance of the application and
database for each country. But I dont like this. I'd like to have only
one
instance to the application.

Another idea is separate only the database for country. For example
ArgentineanDB and MexicanDB. So when a user access to the application,
he(o
she) enter his(or her) country and the application use the appropriate
database.
But i found a problem with this. ¿How to manage security? because now i
have
the user and role tables in ArgentineanDB and MexicanDB. ¿Is possible
change
dynamically (depending of the user's country) the user and role table
use
for the CMS? I think that is not possible.
¿Is there a way to resolve this requirements without change the actual
user-role schema?

I'd like to hear another options

Thanks in advance,
Claudio Sanchez (apologize for my english)