And I bet ExceptionCatcher needs the same treatment.

Larry Meadors wrote:

type="java.lang.exception"

There is not such class.

Think big "E" instead...

Larry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/23/04 9:10 AM >>>

I'm trying to write an exception handler in my struts-config to clean up
my application's exception behavior.  Well, I've followed the directions
in the docs to a T, I have this entry in my struts config:

<global-exceptions>

<exception

key="uncaught_exception"

type="java.lang.exception"

path="/jsp/error.jsp"

handler="com.graysail.pgbadmecs.exceptions.exceptioncatcher"

scope="request"/>

</global-exceptions>

my exception catcher extends GlobalExceptionHandler and bears an
execute() method.  Well, when an error of type exception goes off, the
catcher is never called to it?  What ingredient am I missing?