You're much more likely to get a good answer to this if you post to
commons-user, where it would be ON topic. Asking on struts-user if you can
use a non-Struts library in a non-Struts app isn't the best approach. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

"Daniel H. F. e Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi,
>  I know this is an off-topic message, but as many people here works with
Jakarta Commons
> components, i decided to start my search in this list.
>  I was thinking about writing a Swing app where its config file would be a
XML file. And i'd like
> to put EL expressions in that file. So, my question is: is it possible to
embed EL into a
> standalone app?
>  I was reading commons-el API docs and they make a lot of references to
JSP implementation classes