From: James Scrimshire [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Sycnhronizer Token- can someone explain this?Curre

well at the moment i'm just trying to get it to work from an html page that
submits to an action
so the html has the transaction=true and the action checks the token

i have been debugged the value of the session attribute
Globals.TRANSACTION_TOKEN_KEY  at the start of the action the page submits
to..

the isValidToken fails beacuse the session token is null. the only way It
is not null is if I save the token in a previous action

what i want to know is how does this work for a single action? what if i
only hadf one action? (admittedly i wouldn't need the pattern then)

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      BC.ca                    To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               cc:

                      24/03/04 14:01           Subject:  RE: Sycnhronizer Token- can
someone explain this?Curre
                      Please respond to

                      struts-user

I'm not sure how it worked in 1.1, but what you're saying makes sense.

Basically there is a computeURL function that add the transaction attribute
only if it is set (in 1.1).  This is for the html:link that I am talking
about:

        // Add our transaction control token (if requested)
        if (transaction) {
            HttpSession session = pageContext.getSession();
            String token = null;
            if (session != null) {
                token = (String)
session.getAttribute(Globals.TRANSACTION_TOKEN_KEY);
            }
            if (token != null) {
                results.put(Constants.TOKEN_KEY, token);
            }
        }

So that is good I guess, but I don't know what you are trying to do

someaction -> saveToken -> jsp

jsp has transaction = true which means that it will propagate to the next
action that it submits to.

I may be missing something...

sandeep