Hi Dima, list,

[Dima wrote]

we tried to use this (form.onsumbit="return f()") but encountered a

problem: if JavaScript is disabled in browser the submiting goes on

without confirmation dialogue and other stuff done by JS (wich in
our

case was more important).

We solved this by setting input.type="button" instead of "submit"
and
submitting the form from JacaScript. But this caused another
problem
(though less important): now user can not submit form  pressing
"Enter" being at text input, he must click the button.

[end of quote]

Personally, I would not consider this as a problem. I noticed that
quite some users mistakenly press the Enter key, without yet
wanting
to submit.

So I tried your sollution, and it works fine, making the html:submit
into a html:button, which calls a javascript function which calls
submit.

But since the official submit button has now disappeared, pressing
enter results in the next button being processed by default, which
is
the cancel button (which I would not want either). So by
implementing
this, I cannot use <<html:cancel> anymore.

What would be the best sollution for that? I  thought of putting a
javascript function "goCancel()" under a <<html:button>, which
does
this:

document.myform.action="somenextpage.do";

document.myform.submit();

However I wonder if there are any smarter sollutions. Is there for
example some way to set IsCancelled to true from the jsp, so I can
just use the same actions as i do with submit?

thanks, Rinke

Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 11:43:54 AM, you wrote:

JS> Try with this -

JS> <<html:form action="/adddate"

JS>       name="dateForm"

JS>       type="nl.rinke.DateForm"

JS>       onsubmit="return areyousure()" >

JS> Should work....

submitted

JS> when the user clicks "no"?

JS> In the Jsp, I put the following code in the head:

JS> <<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">

JS>    function areyousure(){

JS>       var agree = false;

JS>       agree = confirm("are you sure?");

JS>       if(agree){

JS>          ... some code which is not important

JS>       }

JS>       return agree;

JS>    }

JS> <</SCRIPT>

JS> And the form tag looks like this:

JS> <<html:form action="/adddate"

JS>       name="dateForm"

JS>       type="nl.rinke.DateForm"

JS>       onsubmit="areyousure()" >

JS> Whatever the user clicks, yes or no, the form

JS> gets submitted. I want to stop submitting the

JS> form when the user click "no".

JS> thanks, Rinke

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

JS> For additional commands, e-mail:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

Best regards,

 Dmitrii                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-------