> I am trying to display a value from a requestAttribute in an <html-el:text
> ...> but I can't get it to work.  Here is my code:

> value="<%=request.getAttribute("searchType")%>"/>
>
> I recieve the error:
>
> "Attribute searchType has no value"
>
> Someone told me I have to do something more like this:

> but where would I define the variable searchType that is accessed there?
> I tried defining a local string variable called "searchType" hoping its
> value would be passed in, but no luck.  Just hitting a wall on what I'm
> hoping is a pretty simple issue.  I googled this one for a while with no
> luck before coming here.  Thanks!,
>
> Jim

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive
this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by
informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it
from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.