http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/3125#change-13389

* Author: liweitianux
* Assignee: swildner
* Category: Userland
* Target version:
Hello,

For the "periodic" utility, FreeBSD has deprecated the use of
"{daily,weekly,monthly}_status_security_<var>_enable" variables in favor of
"security_status_<var>_enable" and "security_status_<var>_period" (daily,
weekly, monthly).  Therefore, the periodic scripts shipped with pkg(8) simply
fail and only give error messages in daily security notification mails.

Here I propose the patches to sync our periodic utility with FreeBSD
(current@2018-03-07).  The patches are on my branch at GitHub:

https://github.com/liweitianux/dragonflybsd/tree/periodic

and consists of the following 5 commits:

* periodic(8): Sync with FreeBSD current
* periodic: Remove already disabled monthly statistics report
* periodic: Remove obsolete daily/status-named and weekly/clean-kvmdb
* rc.d/accounting: Sync with FreeBSD
* periodic: Sync with FreeBSD current

I have tested my patches with a full rebuild and install, and tested "periodic
{daily,weekly,monthly}" without problems.

But note that our "weekly/330.catman" has permission problems when enabled,
while FreeBSD has already removed catman(1).

Thanks for reviewing and merging my patches.

Best regards,
Aaron

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.