> On Apr 13, 2016, at 11:48 PM, Robert Helling <hell...@atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 14.04.2016, at 08:05, Jeroen Massar <jer...@massar.ch
>> <mailto:jer...@massar.ch>> wrote:
>>
>> Thus in the case of a 'wrong flash', we could have a tool that just
>> flashes it that way as a way of recovery ;)
>
> I am convinced that “flash the whole thing” should be the default upgrade
> path. The problem is only you cannot do it while running. So you need a
> desktop.

I completely agree, Robert. I want a stateless solution - there is NO state
kept on the device, no configuration, nothing.
You want a new version? You flash a new image. Something is wrong, you can use
the un-brick image from CHIP.

And if we go down the BLE path instead of the wifi hotspot path, I believe we
can get away with zero state on device...

/D