I completely agree with you. We should make a new release.
It's all a matter of how much time I have to spend on Subsurface.

I think the current daily is quite stable and usable (and it has the cloud
storage authentication errors fixed). But I'm not convinced that it has
received enough testing - especially the changes to the preferences.

So if people could really take it through its paces and report issues
here and on trac - that would help.

Here's a specific request for testing:

Go through the preferences. Check whether "Apply" does the right
thing. Check whether "Cancel" does the right thing. Check if the
settings gets remembered correctly if you exit  and restart the app.

Test downloading from divecomputers. Via cable, via Bluetooth.
Test FB integration.
Test the dive planner.
Read the user manual and point our discrepancies.

There is a LOT everyone can do to help make a release happen.

/D