On 2018-02-05 14:00, Anton Lundin wrote:
On 05 February, 2018 - Willem Ferguson wrote:

This weekend I used a Shearwater predator dive computer. Connecting
via Bluetooth no problem, had to force it to classical bt as it
defaulted to LE. However, downloading the dive to Subsurface
provides two problems:

1) The duration for each dive is exactly half of what it was in real
life. So there is a problem with setting up the correct time
increments for successive samples.

This might be due to the parser by some reason parsing it as petrel
data. The petrel sample size is twice the sample size of the predator.

Are you sure you did pick "predator" ?

The predator doesn't support the newer petrel protocol. So I assume Willem did indeed select "Predator", otherwise the download would have failed.

But you are pointing in the right direction. The subsurface branch introduced a bug with commit 8ea8cebb4e6c3d86b9ceb2291caa077dabd2a3f7. There, the "petrel" parameter was removed and replaced with the model number. But the purpose of that parameter is to indicate whether the data came from the petrel or the predator backend. And because the model number appears to be stored incorrect in Willem's data (zero instead of 2), the data gets indeed parsed using the petrel format.

Jef