> On Sep 17, 2018, at 8:48 AM, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> Of course, by now I have forgotten everything about the tooling that I
> designed to post draft announcements to Transifex. Grmbl.

For now I’m working only on the 4.8.2 announcement - just to stay sane.
I pushed it to Transifex and played with the user experience for the
translators a bit. This is actually quite nice.
One note of caution. For strings 30-38 (the mostly boilerplate text about
downloads) it’s easy to copy the suggestions as only the version number
changed. But CAREFUL - the links (which are encoded as these numbered tags)
also changed and you need to replace them with the correct links from the
source string.
Thankfully you get yellow warning triangles if you don’t do that right, but
it’s easy to overlook.

I of course appreciate all translations of the announcement but I won’t hold
the announcement until all translations are in (I’ll simply updated them later).

(of course, a better maintainer would have posted this draft at least a week
ago to give people time to translate, but whom are we kidding. We all know that
I suck at this…)

Thanks for everyone’s help.

/D