For those of you on Android, there's now a test binary available:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.8.3.264-arm.apk

There are still a few open issues with this, which is why I'm not pushing it to
Google Play and TestFlight, yet. But I'd love to get more feedback from this
group in the meantime.

Usage should be self explanatory.
tap on the new filter icon on the left side of the action button on the dive
list
enter your search term, hit return on the virtual keyboard
you should see the filtered list with a number of matching dives shown in the
filter entry line
the number of dives per trip is still showing the unfiltered number - that's
one of the things I need to fix
tapping the filter icon again resets things

/D